Making a Difference in Our Community
Salix is dedicated to providing support to, and playing an active role in, the community. As a part of our ongoing commitment to the greater good, we have supported such organizations or programs including, but not limited to:
- The American Cancer Society
- The American Red Cross
- Back to School With Pride Backpack Project
- Bikes for Goodness Sake
- The Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk
How to Receive Corporate Giving
Salix is dedicated to providing resources and financial support to charitable organizations. This funding is intended for a bona fide charitable purpose supporting the greater good and without any expectation in return. Corporate Giving is the branch of corporate responsibility that specifically supports causes that are not associated with any of our business-related disease states or therapeutic areas.
In order for an organization to receive consideration, it must have non-profit, tax-exempt status under Section 501(c)(3) of the US Internal Revenue Code. In addition, the charitable cause should neither be related to Salix’s therapeutic areas nor associated with any business-related disease states in which Salix has a product or is actively developing a product. For more information on those disease states and therapeutic areas, please visit the What We Treat page.
To request consideration for support through Salix Corporate Giving, organizations should complete the following items:
Please send your form and other necessary materials to Salix via email or mail:
- Email: email@example.com
- Mail: Salix Pharmaceuticals
Attn: Salix Corporate Giving
400 Somerset Corporate Blvd.
Bridgewater, NJ 08807 USA
Timeline for Response
It’s important to submit a request at least 60 days in advance of your need so that our Corporate Giving Committee has ample time to carefully consider all requests. You can expect to receive a written response to your request within 60 days of our receipt of your fully completed application.
The Salix Corporate Giving Committee carefully considers complete applications that fall within our criteria for support, factoring in budget, priorities, and the committee’s annual giving focus. Because of the number of requests we receive, we are unable to provide financial support to every organization. If an organizational request is denied, that organization may resubmit the request in the next calendar year. An organization may submit more than one request within a calendar year provided that it is for a different purpose or event.
The Salix Corporate Giving Committee will not provide financial support for organizations or activities that:
- Require support for or payment directly to individuals
- Support religious activities or beliefs
- Benefit political organizations, candidates, or lobbying activity
- Support labor unions or fraternal organizations
- Support organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or veteran or disability status
- Are associated with our therapeutic areas or business-related disease states in which Salix has a product or in which Salix is actively developing a product
- Operate on a for-profit basis
Corporate Giving and funded activities must be compliant with Salix policies, the AdvaMed Code, the PhRMA Code, and all other applicable laws and regulations.