Salix does not share information that it collects with third parties for the third party's direct marketing purposes.
I. Information Collection
You generally are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit the Services. However, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Services, access various content or features, submit content, request samples or medical or product information, or otherwise contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name, e-mail address, postal address, zip code, and telephone number;
- User name and password;
- Demographic information, such as gender or date of birth;
- Information about whether you are over 18 years old and a United States resident;
- Geolocation information;
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Health-related information, including conditions, medications, or anticipated medical treatments;
- If you are a health care provider, information such as your state license number and specialty;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us, including responses to questionnaires and employment application information; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
We also may collect certain information automatically when you visit the Services, including:
- Your browser type and operating system;
- Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;
- Other unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers;
- Sites you visited before and after visiting the Services;
- Pages you view and links you click on within the Services;
- Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
- Information about your interactions with e-mail messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded; and
- Standard Server Log Information
II. Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the Services for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, newsletters, and information you request and respond to correspondence that we receive from you;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about products, services, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- Maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- Process employment applications and inquiries;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Services; and
- As otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
III. Sharing of Information
We are committed to maintaining your trust, and we want you to understand when and with whom we may share the information we collect.
- Corporate Parents, Affiliates, and Subsidiaries. We may share your information with our corporate parents, subsidiaries, and other affiliated entities for a variety of purposes, including business, operational, and marketing purposes.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf (such as to host the Services, manage databases, perform analyses, or send communications for us).
- In Connection With a Transfer of Assets. If we sell all or part of our business, or make a sale or transfer of assets, or are otherwise involved in a merger or business transfer, or in the event of bankruptcy, we may transfer your information to one or more third parties as part of that transaction.
- Other Parties With Your Consent. We may share information about you with third parties when you consent to such sharing, including when you post information to a user profile or a public area of the Services, such as a chat room, forum, blog, or other community tool.
- Aggregate Information. We may disclose to third parties information that does not describe or identify individual users, such as aggregate website usage data or demographic reports.
- Tell-a-Friend Features. We may disclose your name and email address to your friend if you use a tell-a-friend feature to send that friend information about Salix products or services.
We may allow third parties to place and read their own cookies, web beacons, Local Shared Objects, and similar technologies to collect information through the Services. For example, our third-party service providers may use these technologies to collect information that helps us with traffic measurement, research, and analytics.
IV. Data Security
We maintain reasonable security procedures to help protect against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction of the information you provide to us. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any access to or use of the Services using your password, whether or not authorized by you. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
V. Social Networking Services
You may be able to link an account from a social networking service (e.g., Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn) to an account through our Services. This may allow you to use your credentials from the other site or service to sign in to certain features on our Services. If you link your account from a third-party site or service, these social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services.
We also may work with certain third-party social media providers to offer you their social networking services through our Services. For example, you may be able to use third-party social networking services, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and others to share information about your experience on our Services with your friends and followers on those social networking services. These social networking services may be able to collect information about you, including your activity on our Services. These third-party social networking services also may notify your friends, both on our Services and on the social networking services themselves, that you are a user of our Services or about your use of our Services, in accordance with applicable law and their own privacy policies. If you choose to access or make use of third-party social networking services, we may receive information about you that you have made available to those social networking services, including information about your contacts on those social networking services.
VI. Children's Privacy
If you have questions concerning our information practices with respect to children, or if you would like to review, have deleted, or stop the further collection of your child's personal information, you may email us at email@example.com
VIII. Links to Third Party Sites
IX. International Users
Please note that the Services are directed towards users who reside in the United States. By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in and to the United States, or other countries and territories, pursuant to the laws of the United States.
X. Your Choices and Your Information
You may "opt-out" of receiving emails and other communications from us by using the unsubscribe feature included in the emails that we send.
XI. Contact Us
Copyright © 2002-2014 Salix Pharmaceuticals, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Last Updated: July 3, 2014